The best way to help your student prepare for the test is to review the format. The more familiar your scholar is with the structure, the less anxious he or she will be to face it. Have discussion over and over about the tips below.
- Do a relaxing activity the night before the test, and go to bed early to get plenty of rest.
- Know what types of questions will be asked. Usually you will be asked a combination of multiple choice, reading passages, and written response questions.
- Return to those lessons that have been pointed out as state assessment preparations, and practice some questions, especially on topics that were confusing or more difficult.
- Prepare the materials you need for the test on the night before.
- Read each question carefully.
- Ask for help if you don’t understand the directions.
- Skip a question if it takes you too long to figure out. Answer the questions you know first before coming back to the skipped questions.
- Try to answer every question by making the most intelligent choice you can.
- Double-check your answers if you finish early.
- Take the time to eat a healthy breakfast before starting the day. A well-fueled body functions better.
Connections Academy – 2019