Greetings CLA-EAST Families!
Welcome to the final week of 2019. This is always an exciting week or our teachers and scholars. Celebration of Learning is Thursday, December 19; 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm. Scholars will be putting on display, their projects from the first semester. Items such as descriptive and narrative writing, wave machines, water park models and original songs; highlight this year’s COL. Bring your family and friends to take part in our annual Winter Celebration of Learning.
Scholars will be taking their Winter NWEA test on Tuesday and Wednesday. The NWEA MAP test is an assessment designed to measure student academic growth between benchmarks. During a high-stakes test such as this, it is important to remember the following essentials:
- Get a good meal each night and morning
- Get a good night’s rest (the night before testing)
- Arrive at school on time (day of the test)
- Take time to prepare before testing (restroom, supplies, proper clothing, etc.)
These simple things will increase your scholar’s focus and opportunity to do well on testing.
This week also marks our first ever challenge week! Scholars and staff will be challenged in the following ways throughout the week:
- Monday: Perfect Attendance Day
– We are looking to achieve 100% for school. Crews with 100% will get a shout-out.
- Tuesday: Positive Vibes All Day!
– Everyone building-wide will use positive language and encouragement throughout the day.
- Wednesday: 100% Work completion!
– Scholars who complete 100% of their work will get a special shout-out dress down pass for Friday.
- Thursday: Keep it Clean Thursday
– Scholars and teachers are encouraged to keep their classrooms and common spaces clean.
- Friday: Junk Food Challenge
– Scholars are encouraged to their snack money for the week. The donations will be used to purchase gifts for the children of the Ronald McDonald House.
This week there will be no after-school tutoring due to COL preparations.
The cultural focus for this week will continue to be the foundational culture-building blocks. Respect, Responsibility and Being Safe will headline our crew curriculum and discussions throughout the week. I invite all families and friends to come to participate in a morning crew with their students and me, Monday thru Thursday from 7:35 am – 8:00 am.
Please see the list of special events for the month of December and contact the school to sign-up to volunteer.
I’m looking forward to another great week…let’s go TIGERS!
Yours in Education,
Ricardo Franklin, Sr.
|All classes will be preparing for the Celebration of Learning|
Operations, Special Events & Updates
- 12/16-12/20: Spirit Week – Challenge Week
- 12/17 – NWEA Map testing. Winter Reading. (Volunteers needed for hallway monitoring – click link to sign-up)
- 12/18 – NWEA Map testing. Winter Math. (Volunteers needed for hallway monitoring – click link to sign-up)
- 12/19: Winter Celebration of Learning (volunteers needed for set up – click link to sign-up)
- 12/23-1/3: Winter Break
Current School data
|Attendance – 92.8%||Pass/Fail Rate – 56.0%||Suspension Rate – 7.2%|